Southwest Florida Romance Writers
27th Annual Writing Contest
The Joyce Henderson Contest 2017
WHAT WE OFFER
Contemporary (including Women’s Fiction)
Editor: Lexi Smail, Grand Central Publishing
Agent: Jill Marsal, Marsal Lyon Literary Agency
Editor: Robin Haseltine, Entangled Publishing
Agent: Julie Gwinn, The Seymour Agency
Editor: Nancy Schumacher, Melange Books
Agent: Michelle Grajkowski, 3 Seas Literary Agency
Editor: Jennie Conway, St. Martin’s Press
Agent: Andrea Somberg, Harvey Klinger Literary Agency
Editor: Georgia Woods, Hartwood Publishing
Agent: Erin Niumata, Folio Literary Management
Editor: Sandra Barela, Celebrate Lit Publishing
Agent: Dawn Dowdle, Blue Ridge Agency
- The chance to get your manuscript in front of a top industry editor AND agent!
- All winners announced in the Romance Writers Report.
- Within each category, winners will receive:
- 1st place: $50 and a Certificate of Achievement
- 2nd place: $20 and a Certificate of Achievement
- 3rd place: Certificate of Achievement
FIRST-ROUND JUDGES are members of Southwest Florida Romance Writers. Each entry will be evaluated by two first-round judges, at least one a published author. We encourage our judges to make comments, both on the score sheets and within the manuscript.
Contest opens August 1. Entries must be submitted and payment received by 11:59 p.m. on September 15, 2017.
- Unpublished authors
- Traditional or self-published authors who have not published in the category they’re entering within the past 5 years
- Entries must be the author’s original work that has not been published or contracted to be published.
- All English-language entries are welcome.
The first 20 pages of an unpublished manuscript featuring romantic elements.
Contestants may submit as many entries as they like, but a separate entry must be completed for each title and category entered.
All entries are electronic. Files will be accepted in *.doc or *.rtf formats. For the time being, *.docx is NOT permitted.
Manuscripts must be in standard manuscript format:
- One-inch margins, with text aligned to the left margin
- Times New Roman or Courier 12-point font
- Page numbers
- Headers including manuscript title
- Author’s name must not appear anywhere on the document
Entries that do not meet these formatting requirements will be returned for corrections.
$30 per submission via PayPal
SWFRW Members only: $25
You will be notified when your submission/payment is complete.